The District Superintendent of the Sole Supervisory District of Orleans and Niagara Counties acts in three capacities:
- Facilitate communication between districts and the State Education Department, as well as other public and private agencies.
- Interpret and clarify the NYS Education Commissioner's Regulations, Policies and Procedures that affect education in the Supervisory District.
The District Superintendent is available to consult with school districts on a variety of educational issues including:
- Raising Standards for all Students
- Commissioner's Regulation & Procedures
- Management and Planning
- Board-Administration Relationships
- Reorganization and Merger School Boundaries
- Superintendent & Board Performance Appraisals
- Developing Local Programs for the Handicapped
- Occupational Education
- Excellence and Accountability Program
In providing consultant services, the District Superintendent is able to call upon the resources of the State Education Department and the professional staff of the BOCES.
Selection of New School District Superintendents
Upon request, the District Superintendent will serve as a consultant for component districts who are in the process of selecting a new superintendent of schools. This service is provided without charge, except clerical costs incidental to the recruitment and selection process.