Building Trades - Orleans Center
LOCATION: Orleans Career and Technical Education Center
Instructor: Matt Anastasi
This program is designed to prepare students to enter directly into the construction field or continue their education at a post-secondary level. Students build small projects and also work as a team to build a full-size modular house or project in the community.
OBJECTIVES OF PROGRAM
- To develop skill in the use of tools and equipment common to a carpenter, mason and plumber.
- Develop an understanding of common structures, their parts and relationships to each other.
- To develop an understanding of the theoretical aspects of carpentry, masonry and plumbing.
- To develop positive work habits which include responsibility following instructions and the ability to work with others.
- To develop job seeking employability skills necessary to succeed in the working world.
UNITS OF STUDY
- Rough Framing
- Trim Carpentry
- Power Tools
- Roofing Methods
- Truss Construction
- Kitchen Cabinets