OBJECTIVES OF THE BUILDING TRADES PROGRAM
Depending the phase a student seeks, the following objectives will be attained:
- To develop skill in the use of tools and equipment common to the carpenter, mason and plumber.
- To develop an understanding of common structures, their parts and relationships to each other.
- To develop an understanding of the theoretical aspects of carpentry, masonry and plumbing.
- To develop positive work habits which include responsibility, to follow instructions, and the ability to cooperate with fellow workers.
- To provide a foundation on which further skills may be developed by post secondary education or working directly in one of the trades or advanced apprenticeship training.
- To develop job seeking skills necessary to succeed in the world of owrk.