Certified Personal Trainer
Location: Orleans Career and Technical Education Center
*The Orleans Center program is held at the Royalton Hartland High School.
Location: Niagara Career and Technical Education Center
Jared Karas - email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Joseph Wilkie - email: email@example.com
The Certified Personal Trainer program is a two year program for juniors and seniors in high school. This course is designed for the individual seeking competency in health, fitness and exercise instruction. Students will perform fundamental health and fitness assessments and learn to design and implement fitness programs for the healthy population. During the course, students are provided with the most relevant scientific information regarding the assessment, design and implementation of safe, effective and efficient personal exercise instruction.
Upon completion of this program, students will be prepared to take the American Council of Exercise Certification Examination (ACE).
- To learn anatomy.
- To learn CPR and AED.
- To develop a knowledge of health and fitness.
- To learn about health screening and evaluation.
- To study nutrition and weight management.
- To learn proper training techniques.
- To help clients with meeting their health and fitness goals.
Units of Study
Careers in Health and Fitness, Health and Wellness, Nutrition, Anatomy and Physiology, Anaerobic versus Aerobic Training Techniques, Screening and Evaluations, Fitness Training, Personal Training Techniques, Exercise Program Design, and Starting Your Own Personal Training Business.
How to Enroll
Orleans/Niagara BOCES partners with local school districts to provide exciting hands-on career and technical training during normal school day. To learn more, speak with your high school counselor.
NYS Approved Program Title & CIP Code
Athletic Training/Trainer – 51.0913
- With a 2 year CTE program: Certified Personal Trainer, increased demand 13%*
- Associate’s Degree: Physical Therapy Assistant, increased demand 26%*
- Bachelor’s Degree: Recreational Therapist, increased demand 7%*
*Projected national growth for 2016-2026, US Bureau of Labor Statistics