Niagara Career and Technical Education Center - Mrs. Krull
This Graphic Communications Program prepares the student to enter the photography, multimedia, printing and advertising industries with hands-on instruction in the production of a wide variety of multimedia/print based projects from the initial design to the finished project.
OBJECTIVES OF THE GRAPHICS COMMUNICATIONS PROGRAM
- To provide a two-year program that focuses on the preparation of employing and/or preparing students to attend college in the field of graphic design.
- The students will learn the latest design software to achieve acceptable standards of work for the graphic design industry.
- Explore the creativity and technology of graphic communications through various media including industry software (Illustrator, InDesign and Photoshop), digital photography and lithography.
- Prepare client based marketable projects using various media.
- Develop the necessary skills for the preparation of artwork for printing/mobile/web.
- Demonstrate professional skills through resume writing, verbal communication and interviewing techniques.
- Develop a portfolio demonstrating the student's proficiency in graphic communications.