Alternative Parenting Program
LOCATION: Niagara Academy
Instructor: Rose Lewkowitz
What is the Alternative Parenting Program?
This unique program is designed to meet the needs of a young woman who is pregnant or parenting, who is determined to graduate from high school, and concerned about a future for herself and her child.
What does the full day instructional program provide?
- All academic classes leading to a Regents diploma
- Vocational training in a variety of areas
- Parenting Education
- Pre-natal and postpartum education
- Educational speakers
- Articulation with various Niagara County agencies
- Hands on activities
- Infant/Child CPR
- Field trips for Moms and Babies
What support services are available?
- Career and academic consulting
Job placement services
- Peer support/counseling group
- Individual counseling including referrals, advocacy and life planning
What about graduation?
- Report cards are sent to your high school; they issue your credits and eventually a high school diploma.
- You are still considered a student in your district but attending classes off campus.
- You are able to attend your own high school graduation ceremony.
What about tuition and transportation?
- Tuition is paid for by your home school.
- Transportation for you is provided by your home school.
What do students need to do to apply?
- You should see your home school counselor and provide information about the delivery date or birth of your child.
- Your counselor will contact BOCES to discuss your graduation requirements and make an appointment for you to see the program.
What if I have questions or would like to visit?
You may contact Ms. Lewkowitz at 1-716-731-6800, ext: 4481, between 8:00 a.m. and 3:00 p.m. Monday-Friday. She can also be reached via e-mail at RLewkowitz@onboces.org.