Emotionally Disturbed & Alternative Programs
Emotional Disturbed and Alternative Education Programs:
With the ever rising academic standards and the associated stresses with them and with sometimes stressful home lives, many students are unable to achieve success in a traditional school setting. Therefore, O/N BOCES provides a continuum of services for children in kindergarten to graduation. Our programs provide:
- A small structured environment
- A culture where all children are respected and never "lost in the crowd"
- Quality academic instruction that is pursuant of a regent's diploma
- Counseling on a regular and continual basis to help students develop the social skills to be successful in life
- Training for our faculty and staff in Therapeutic Crisis Intervention (TCI)
- PBIS "Positive Behavioral Intervention and Supports" this program is utilized in our elementary and middle schools.