Dignity for All Students Act (DASA) 6 Hour Certification Course
This 6 hour course will provide the certification requirement as effective December 31, 2013 for all applicants to complete coursework or training in accordance with Article 2 Sections 10-18 of the Education Law. Orleans/Niagara BOCES is an approved provider through NYSED and will supply a Certificate of Completion after fully attending the six hour session (or two consecutive three hour sessions) at a cost of $50.00. You may pay by cash (exact change) or by check payable to Orleans/Niagara BOCES.
- Understand the components of The Dignity for All Students Act (DASA, the Dignity Act)
- Learn reporting requirements for educators
- Develop and enhance awareness and sensitivity to the range of experiences of the specific student populations as named in the Dignity Act
- Understand how school climate and culture have an impact on student achievement and behavior
- Understand bullying, harassment, and discrimination, including indicators, early warning signs, prevention and intervention strategies, and how to interact with families
- Enhance the understanding of diversity and multicultural environments
- Examine personal biases
To register, please visit our new DASA page.
For assistance, feel free to contact Jennifer Talarico at 716-731-6800 ext. 3758 or firstname.lastname@example.org, or Sunny Blajszczak at ext. 3756.
Click here for a full list of approved NYS DASA providers.