Career and Tech Education Facts
Why Career and Technical Education?
While some high school students will go on to seek four year degrees, some will never graduate and many others will not find a job that requires the degree they have. Career and technical education will give you the real skills you need that are in great deman across the US.
- 20% of all jobs in the United States require a four year degree. 65%-70% of all jobs in the US are technical in nature.
- Only one out five of all occupations require a four year degree.
- 83% of workers holding associate degrees have the same or higher earnings as those with four year degrees.
- Ten of thirteen industry groups rank the need for vocational training higher than the need for a college degree.
- Projected college graduates through 2010: 1.3 million. Projected jobs for those graduates: 730,000.