The Yard is where we play, work and harmonize with the outdoor environment. We’ve got lots of resources to help ensure you enjoy your time outdoors in a safe, healthy, and environmentally responsible manner. So pick your pleasure and read on from recreation to yard & outdoor hazards to environmental awareness.
- Consumer Product Safety Commission Publications
We all want to have fun in the sun - while playing in the yard or doing some other outdoor project. Here’s a few tips on getting the most out of your outdoor activities by avoiding injuries and adverse health effects:
- Pesticides - Information for Kids, Students and Teachers
- FEMA for Kids! This site teaches children how to be prepared for disasters and prevent disaster damage. They can also learn what causes disasters, play games, read stories and become a Disaster Action Kid. There is also a section for parents and teachers that has activities, curriculum and safety information you can use in the classroom or at home!
- Stop Bullying Now! When the play is no longer fun.
- The President's Challange: Get into the program by jumping rope, playing catch, or racing a friend. Even better, you can win awards for staying active - and track your progress along with kids across America. The more you keep at it, the more fun you'll have.
Consumer Product Safety Commission Publications
Everyone needs to do their part for the environment. These days it’s more important than ever. Are you informed of all the current issues affecting the Earth? Do you know what steps you can take to help? We’ve got a great selection of resources for you:
- The Environmental Protection Agency
- Global Warming for Kids - Global warming may be a big problem, but there are many little things we can do to make a difference. If we try, most of us can do our part to reduce the amount of greenhouse gases that we put into the atmosphere. Many greenhouse gases come from things we do every day. As we have learned, these greenhouse gases trap energy in the atmosphere and make the Earth warmer.