Center for School Improvement and Professional Development (CSIPD)
This service provides assistance to districts based on individual district school improvement plans. Participating districts are eligible for special school improvement aid on consultants, substitutes, stipends and travel.
This service also provides a professional development component consisting of:
- national, state, regional, and local consultants presenting relevant educational topics, implementation strategies and resources for best practices using an evening and full-day format
- the mandated six-hour Dignity for All Students Act training
- in-district and centralized workshops, technical assistance, and facilitation based on district-requested topics using BOCES staff or consultants
- a professional development library of books, videos, audio tapes and other resources accessible through WebMax on the Orleans/Niagara BOCES website
- a listing of professional development opportunities in Western New York, and assistance to districts in providing and planning professional development conference day programs and retreats
This service may assist districts in meeting the needs outlined in their Professional Development Plans.