Auto Body Repair
Location: Orleans Career and Technical Education Center
Location: Niagara Career and Technical Education Center
Auto Body is a two year program for juniors and seniors. Auto Body is for students who want to learn to repair, refinish and paint automobile bodies, fenders and frames. Students will also learn about body trim, hardware, door locks, remote controls and glass window regulations. This program is NATEF, I-CAR and ASE certified.
- To develop an understanding of the basic inspection, estimation and sequential planning of repair work.
- To develop skills in the repair techniques and procedures for auto body repair and painting.
- To develop familiarity with parts, tools and equipment common to the auto body repair industry.
- To develop safe work habits.
- To develop job seeking employability skills necessary to succeed in the working world.
Units of Study
Safety procedures, Hand and Power Tools, Automobile Construction, Materials, Fasteners and Equipment, Resistance & Metal Arc Welding, Sheet Metal Work, Vehicle Surface Preparation, Fillers and Body Repairs, Panel Replacement & Adjustment, Refinishing Equipment and Procedures, Final Detailing, Vehicle Damage Estimation, Advanced Spray Techniques and Blending, Remove and Install Auto Body Parts, Principals of Sectioning, Bonding and Adhesive Technology, Plastic Body Panel Welding and Repair, Unibody and Frame Repair Basics, Plastic Repair and Work Experience
How to Enroll
Orleans/Niagara BOCES partners with local school districts to provide exciting hands-on career and technical training during normal school day. To learn more, speak with your high school counselor.
NYS Approved Program Title & CIP Code
Auto Body/Collision and Repair Technology/Technician – 47.0603
Possible Career Paths
- With a 2 year CTE program: Detail Technician, increased demand 9%*
- Associate’s Degree: Collision Center Estimator, increased demand 11%*
- Bachelor’s Degree: Industrial Designer, increased demand 4%*
*Projected national growth for 2016-2026, US Bureau of Labor Statistics