Location: Orleans Career and Technical Education Center
Location: Niagara Career and Technical Education Center
Anne Carnahan- email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Jill Beatty- email: email@example.com
Pauline Carney - email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Erica Cook - email: email@example.com
Sue Lindke - email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Cosmetology is a two-year program for juniors and seniors. In this program students learn the latest techniques in cosmetology and apply them in our full service salon, which is open to the public. After students have successfully completed 1000 hours of cosmetology they are prepared to apply for licensing through New York State.
- To train students to meet the standards set forth by the State Education Department Cosmetology and Department of Licenses.
- To train students for gainful employment in the field of Cosmetology.
- To develop in each student the self-confidence and positive attitude regarding their skills as a professional cosmetologist.
- To encourage a sense of professionalism and high ethical standards.
Units of Study
Sterilization and Sanitation, Skin Care, Facials and Cosmetics, Haircutting and Styling, Manicures and Pedicures, Scalp and Hair Treatments, Permanent Waving, Thermal Curling, Artificial Nails, Chemical Hair Reconstruction, Hair Color and Decolorization, Temporary Hair Removal, Salon Management and Ownership, Hair Extensions and Wigs.
How to Enroll
Orleans/Niagara BOCES partners with local school districts to provide exciting hands-on career and technical training during normal school day. To learn more, speak with your high school counselor.
NYS Approved Program Title & CIP Code
Cosmetology/Cosmetologist, General – 12.0401
Possible Career Paths
- With a 2 year CTE program: Hair Stylist, increased demand 13%*
- Associate’s Degree: Business Owner, increased demand 3%*
- Bachelor’s Degree: Formulation Chemist, increased demand 7%*
*Projected national growth for 2016-2026, US Bureau of Labor Statistics