Heating Ventilation Air Conditioning and Refrigeration
Location: Career and Technical Education Center
Location: Niagara Career and Technical Education Center
Nick DiFelice - email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Click on the link to watch our students in action: HVAC Video
HVAC is a two-year program for juniors and seniors. This program is designed to provide students with employability skills in the service and installation of residential and commercial heating, air conditioning and refrigeration units. This is a comprehensive technical and hands-on training program that covers all critical aspects of the HVAC/R field. Students will learn to install, maintain, troubleshoot and repair both residential and commercial systems in a fully operational HVAC/R lab. Instruction includes wireless and Wi-Fi control systems. OSHA certification is available to all students. EPA is available to student who want it (extra cost).
- Students will be given the opportunity to work on actual field equipment and modern environmental control systems.
- “Real Life” on the job training for second year students who will spend up to 72 hours of field training with local HVAC companies. Students will learn from experienced professionals in installing, servicing, sales, project management and engineering.
Units of Study
Introduction to Heating and Cooling, Refrigeration Fundamentals, Air Distribution Systems, Electricity and Control Circuits, Gas and Oil Burners, Refrigeration Recovery, Boilers, Transformers and Motors, Installation and Service of Standard and High Tech Gas, Oil, Electric and Hydronic Heating, Pressure Systems, Air Conditioning Installation and Servicing, Humidification and De-humidification, and Reclaiming and Recycling Refrigerants.
How to Enroll
Orleans/Niagara BOCES partners with local school districts to provide exciting hands-on career and technical training during normal school day. To learn more, speak with your high school counselor.
NYS Approved Program Title & CIP Code
Heating, Air Conditioning, Ventilation and Refrigeration Maintenance Technology/Technician – 47.0201
Possible Career Paths
- With a 2 year CTE program: Plumber/Pipe Fitter, increased demand 16%*
- Associate’s Degree: HVAC/R Technician, increased demand 15%*
- Bachelor’s Degree: Mechanical Engineer, increased demand 9%*
*Projected national growth for 2016-2026,
US Bureau of Labor Statistics