How Are Field Trips Handled?
- The impact of any critical situation on field trips - both district-wide and at individual schools - will depend on the specifics of the situation.
- If the situation warrants, all field trips will be canceled.
- There may be circumstances that could require the cancellation of field trips to certain areas.
- All school buses are equipped with radio communications with the Transportation Department.
- If a field trip is under way and must be canceled, buses would be directed to return to the school or a designated safe area. Any such decision would be announced through the district web page and school phone system.